TGIF! Well, here we are at the end of January. The South has finally experienced some cold winter weather. I have been able to wear some winter clothes and build some pretty raging fires. Our big Mardi Gras weekend is fast approaching as is Super Bowl 50. With two balls next weekend, I see a spray tan in my future. I sit here hoping that the dress I ordered yesterday arrives and fits!
I hope you enjoy my Friday Favorites. These are just a few things that have brought me health and happiness this month.
1. I spent New Year's with a few of my close friends. While the guys were glued to football, the girls had time to chat and I picked up a great tip from one of my health conscious friends. Every morning, she drinks one Emergen-C and one tablespoon of Bragg's apple cider vinegar (with the mother) in one cup of water. Apple cider vinegar has numerous health benefits including supporting a healthy immune system. I usually start Emergen-C when I feel a scratchy throat coming on but I have never used it as a preventative measure. There are few things that I hate more than a winter cold that drags out so I decided to give this a try. One near miss with a cold early this month but other than that I have been 100% well. I am sold on this and haven't missed a morning this month.
2. The Nightingale is a must for those of you who have not read it. A beautifully written novel about two sisters in France during WWII.
3. Emily gave me this book as a Christmas gift and I love it. Great pictures and interviews!
5. The Aquis hair towel has been a favorite of mine since college. Hair is most vulnerable and damage prone when wet. The Aquis is thin and easy to wrap into a turban. The microfiber has a high wicking rate and helps your hair to dry faster. I still use a dryer but I at least let my hair dry for a little while in this towel.
6. I picked up some Nike Pro capris at the Soul Cycle warehouse sale last fall. They are very comfortable and the flat elastic waistband is THE BEST.
Linking up with: